Good Good Friday

BCXR28

Since It is Good friday yesterday I wanna share you this topic, I know most of you questioned why it os called "Good Froday"?

It sounds like such an unusual name for the most horrific betrayal, mock trial, and torture that anyone has ever experienced. I’ve thought about this a lot. How about you? Do you know why someone named the day of crucifixion Good Friday?

At first glance, it doesn’t look good at all. In fact, it looks like a very bad day. It was outrageous and gruesome. If you’ve seen the movie The Passion by Mel Gibson, you’d agree with me. I’m not sure if I’ve ever watched each scene with my eyes wide open. I did a little research and discovered the following things: 

The Bible prophesied a suffering Messiah over a thousand years before Good Friday. It was a day predicted by the prophet Isaiah: “He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.” (Isaiah 53:3, NIV) 

Jesus was falsely betrayed, and yet, He submitted to the divine plan: “He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. By oppression and judgment, he was taken away. Yet who of his generation protested? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was punished.” (Isaiah 53:7-8, NIV)  

He paid for all of our sins, and through Him, we can receive healing: “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5, NIV) 

He was buried in a rich man’s tomb: “He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth.” (Isaiah 53:9, NIV)

Jesus’ death and resurrection guarantees our salvation and eternal life: “Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.” (Isaiah 53:10, NIV)

We could keep on adding all the fulfilled promises from the Old Testament, the promises of Jesus, and the miracles of that day. Perhaps now you can see it was a “Good day” after all. 

Let’s get personal for a moment. Why was it a good day for you? Do you know Jesus paid for all of your sins—past, present, and future? Do you know that you can claim healing because of this day? Do you know you can become a child of God with a heavenly destination by simply receiving Jesus Christ and His work on the cross?

There is an incredible scene from the crucifixion that comes to mind right now: “When he had received the drink, Jesus said, ‘It is finished.’ With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” (John 19:30, NIV) 

Jesus paid the entire price for all of our sins and mistakes. The writer of Hebrews summarized it all like this: “Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.” (Hebrews 7:27, NIV) 

Would you take a moment and make sure that you’ve accepted Him as Savior and received all of these promises? You will really know that it is a “Good day” and you are a miracle

• Love 1