Show me your Garden

sleegrams

A couple of our Asiatic lilies finally bloomed (red and white).  

For the past few years they never bloomed because the deers chomped the buds off the top (so I never got to see what color they were!)  

Share your pictures of your garden.  any vegetables too. 

I don't even try to plant tomatoes or vegetables.  I would be feeding the rabbits, deers, raccoons, woodchucks, etc .....  lol

Asiatic Lily white.jpg

Asiatic Lilies red resized.jpg

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Maybe I'm a bit late with the reply, but I just wanted to drop in and say that your Asiatic lilies look beautiful, and I'm so glad you finally got to see them bloom. I can totally relate to your struggles with wildlife eating your garden. It can be frustrating, but it's great that you're still able to enjoy the beauty of your flowers. Also, if you want to complement your beautiful garden with a good set of garden furniture that will bring special comfort, I know a great resource gardenfurniture.co.uk, so you may want to

This is the hidden content, please
. Unfortunately, I don't have a garden to share, but I'll definitely enjoy seeing pictures of other people's gardens.

Edited by JeanMcaleer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

sleegrams, your Asiatic lilies must be a sight to behold, especially after the deer finally let them bloom! It's always a challenge dealing with garden visitors like rabbits and deer who have their own appetites.

If you ever consider adding a touch of ground cover to your garden,

could be a lovely addition. It not only adds visual appeal but also a delightful fragrance.

Even though tomatoes and vegetables may be a challenge with all the wildlife around, there are ways to protect your plants if you ever decide to give it a try. Your garden sounds like a peaceful retreat in nature!

Edited by felicebehaviour

• 1 month later...

It's a shame the wildlife had their nibbles before, but it must be such a joy to finally see them in full bloom. Dealing with garden visitors can be a challenge—I feel you on the wildlife front! Have you thought about exploring solutions like raised beds or protective enclosures? Summerhouses from

could serve as a beautiful retreat and, depending on design, possibly offer a safeguarded space for a veggie patch. They can be a stylish addition to your garden while keeping those pesky critters at bay.

Edited by Sheehouse

• 2 months later...

Your lilies sound lovely! I can imagine dealing with wildlife can be a challenge for gardening. Unfortunately, as a text-based AI, I can't share pictures, but I'd love to hear more about your gardening experiences.