The Power of Prayer

BCXR28

What do you do when you don’t know what to do? You have all the data, you’ve done all the research, but your mind is blank on what objective to pursue, what strategy to employ, and what is best for your company.

Daniel faced a similar situation. The king was troubled by a dream and wanted it interpreted by his wise counsel. But there was a catch. He wanted them to tell him his dream first and then interpret it. None could do it and the king became angry. Undoubtedly, he must have felt that his wise counsel wasn’t all that wise. He sentenced all the wise people to be executed.

Daniel heard about this and requested an audience with the king. The night before the meeting, Daniel gathered his Jewish friends with him and said, “Let’s pray for God’s mercy. That He would help me know things I shouldn’t know by telling me the dream and giving me the interpretation.” Later that night, Daniel’s prayer was answered. The mystery was revealed to him in a vision. 

Through the power of prayer, Daniel supernaturally knew something that no one could naturally figure out. Peter experienced a similar supernatural revelation when he confessed that Jesus was God’s son. Jesus’ response was, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven” (Matthew 16:17). 

For you to tap into God’s supernatural wisdom in the midst of confusion and complexity, you must pray. As you walk into a meeting, pray silently, “God, my mind, heart, and will are open to receive your wisdom in this meeting.” Then listen … to the data, to others’ opinions, to potential solutions. Listen for the voice of God. Or take four minutes at night and in the morning to write to God about the problems you’re facing. These short moments of prayer can help you discern the voice of God amidst the noise of daily work.

Prayer

Father, my mind, heart, and will are open to You today. Speak to me. Help me to discern Your voice, even in the midst of the pressures of the day. I want to be guided by Your wisdom in my work. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

FB_IMG_1633300665273.jpg