How do I make my goals happen & not overstep God's will?

BCXR28

You're standing at the starting line, you want to get after God-led goals, and.... you're afraid. You're scared to take action on those goals, getting so focused on achieving them that you edge God out in the process. How do you keep your focus on God and achieving your goals at the same time?

First of all, the right goals will lead you on His paths, in His ways, not away from Him. 

Second, you're not going to set a goal and coast from there. God wants you to stay connected to Him every step of the way, and He'll guide you. Ultimately, He is the goal. Following the purposes He has for us is like following a map He created. He knows the way. 

Just like you would do on a long road trip, keep checking the map to be sure you're headed in the right direction. If you lose sight of the plan, you might find yourself on an unfamiliar street. But, pick it right back up again, and you'll get back on track! God isn't concerned about whether or not you achieve perfect progress in a goal; He wants your heart. And step by step, prayer by prayer, moment by moment as you seek Him, you will stay on the right path. Connection with Him will keep you in check with Him.

Pray with me: Lord, I'm afraid to set out on a path that's not yours. Please give me a spirit not of fear, but of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7). Thank you for the map—Your Word—and for the ability to pray directly to You! Please help me to stay focused on You as my goal instead of the approval of others, accolades, or the pleasure of checking things off a list. I want to work hard for You for the right reasons. Thank you for guiding me and keeping me on Your path! In Jesus' name. Amen.

FB_IMG_1632095348464.jpg

• Love 1