A Simplified Purpose

BCXR28

The idea of “purpose” is something I was quite confused about growing up in church. 

How did God want to use me? When would I find out? What was I supposed to do until then? I would often ask these questions and come up empty and discouraged. 

This was a constant struggle until one day I came across a scripture that honestly changed my life - “Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Cor. 10:31)

Revelation set in. 

Yes, God has detailed unique plans for each of us. Yes, your purpose is different to everyone else's purpose. But all these things exist for one, overarching, collective and intrinsic purpose: to bring glory to God.

God isn’t seeking an ego-boost! His call to be glorified comes out of His great love for us. He knows that when we realise his goodness and ascribe worth to Him, we receive revelation and start to understand His love for us on a deeper level. This love changes everything.

God loves us whether we glorify Him or not, but his desire is for us to know the fullness of that love. All glory to God! This is our purpose.

FB_IMG_1628639545965.jpg