Practice makes perfect!

BCXR28

We have all been told, "practice makes perfect." And it's true! Doing things over and over in a consistent manner is what separates the average from the excellent. That's the reason why athletes would continuously train as if they are actually competing in the Olympics even though it's years away. It's also the reason why actors and singers rehearse as if they are already performing before a live audience. That way, they get used to giving their best so that by the time of the actual competition or performance, this is going to be just second nature.

James 5:16 tells us that, "the earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]." Prayer does not only refresh, restore, and renew us from the inside out. More importantly, it's through prayer that we're able to tap into the grace and ability God has freely given us to persevere and endure whatever problems and challenges come our way. You probably may be thinking, "I've been praying, but why haven't I experienced my breakthrough yet?" The question is not really about whether or not you pray, but how do you pray.

Do you see prayer just as your last resort when things are getting hopeless, or do you only pray when things are great in your life? The verse tells us that the power will be available to those that pray heartfelt prayers continually. Prayer should be more than just an emergency lifeline or something that we passionately do only on Sundays in church. It should be a part of our daily lives, just like brushing your teeth or combing your hair.

A heartfelt prayer doesn't need to be long. It can be as short as 5 or 10 minutes.It doesn't even have to follow any type of formula. The important thing is that you pray coming from your heart continually. It can take a bit of practice. But just like with anything else, when you make it into a habit, it won't be long before you see all your prayers being answered and breakthroughs coming your way.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, forgive me for thinking prayer is just something to do druing challenges, or when I feel like it. I realize now that prayer should be a part of my everyday life. I resolve to change my attitude towards prayer starting today. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

FB_IMG_1627902894271.jpg

• Love 1