We are Gods work in progress!

BCXR28

Success and failure may appear to be as different as night and day. But the truth is, they share two things in common. The first is that they are both temporary. When we succeed, like closing an all-important contract at work or getting that promotion you've been praying for, we go through a short period of rejoicing before we have to get down to business.

On the other hand, when we make a mistake or things don't happen the way we hoped, there will be a time when we will be feeling a bit down and out. But only for a while. After that, we dust ourselves up and get back on our feet. Which brings us to the second thing they've got in common. Success and failure are both a transition towards a new level. They are both an opportunity for us to move on and grow. When we succeed, we find ourselves in a new and higher level than we were. If we fail, it serves as a chance for us to learn from our mistakes so that we not only avoid doing it again, but also improve ourselves. But instead of moving forward as we ought, we often end up staying put whether it is a success or a failure. We tend to relish our victories a bit way too much, and grieve far too long when we fail.

What we don't realize is that by staying put, we are putting a hold on the new blessings, opportunities and favor God still has in store for us. Isaiah 43:19 reminds us not to "remember the former things, nor consider the things of old." There is nothing wrong with enjoying our recent successes or grieving our mistakes. But we shouldn't be tempted to stay there and remain the same. God has new things in store for us. He has placed so much potential in you that He wants to bring out and for you to discover and enjoy. Move forward and seize the blessings, opportunities and favor waiting for you.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, thank you for the joy that I've enjoyed because of the success you've given me. At the same time, help me see past the mistakes and failures that I've come across in my life so that I can correct what I've done wrong. Above all, help me to remember that whether I succeed or fail, these are just temporary and you have a whole lot more waiting for me that I can only receive by growing and moving on. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

FB_IMG_1627601395634.jpg