Take Delight!

BCXR28

In life, we spend a whole lot of time waiting. Whether we have some place to go or a dream we want to achieve, there will always be a period of time when we need to do a bit of waiting. Once we arrive, of course, that's not the end of it. We'd want to reach the next level, and that will mean a lot more waiting on our part. The thing is, there is really no way for us to predict how long we will need to wait. Sometime it's short. Other times, waiting may mean months or even years.

Just think of your daily commute to work. There are days when everything happens so quickly that you barely need to wait at all. There are days that the traffic is so bad that it seems to be taking forever. It's the same thing when it comes to receiving the answers to our prayers. Many times, the bigger and bolder our prayers become, the longer we have to wait for the answer. As if that wasn't bad enough, it is during this waiting time when we find ourselves facing one challenge after another, each one more difficult than the next. When we're in church, we sing songs of worship and boldly declare that no matter how long we need to wait, we will be patient because we trust God.

We enthusiastically shout out that while we're waiting, we will continue to worship Him and just seek His face. During this period of waiting, we are given the opportunity to live out what we declared and become examples to our officemates, family, and friends that we are who we say. Psalm 37:4 says to "delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." There is nothing wrong about wanting to receive blessing after blessing, but we should not merely focus on that. More than the blessings, we should develop that longing and desire in our hearts to seek God beyond His hand.

By doing that, we get to know God more, and become more confident on who He is. That way, we are able to remain firm and steadfast during the waiting time. Life, they say, is not about the destination. It is all about the journey. As you go through the journey between lifting up your desires to God and receiving the promise, our relationship with God and our understandig of who He is will help us remain firm and steadfast. That will help us enjoy the journey.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, instead of becoming too focused on getting my prayers answered, and getting impatient during this time of waiting, I choose to spend this time with you. I want to go beyond simply seeking Your hand. I want to know You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

FB_IMG_1627341755810.jpg

• Love 1