I Will Fight the Giant!

BCXR28

When Cholo was in preschool, his preschool school teacher read the story of David and Goliath. She read the verses where Goliath invited the Israelites to send a man to fight him for their freedom. Immediately, my son exclaimed, "I will fight the giant!" He did not hesitate. He heard the request and he acted. He had no idea how tall or strong this Philistine was supposed to be, but he didn't care. He had faith and confidence. He believed in himself and his ability to conquer this giant. He was fearless.

If you are like me, you face many fears and obstacles on a regular basis. Financial stress, discipline issues, medical concerns, general management of the home, marital woes, all of these, at times, seem impossible to manage. We think too much, we worry too much, we doubt too much. We lack the faith and the confidence that comes so naturally to our children. Rather than facing our fears and concerns, we often hide from them, hoping they will go away. We feel alone. We are afraid.

Unfortunately, the hurdles you face won't just go away. They will linger and grow stronger the longer you hide. But let me encourage you. You can face your battles and you can win! You are not alone.

Just as God helped David fight his giant, our Lord and Savior is ready and willing to help you fight yours. When you have doubts and are weak, God can give you assurance and strength. When your faith is small, God can increase it. As you seek God, not only will he guide you and support you, but he can lead you to people and places who will offer you wisdom, direction, and encouragement. There is no battle too big or too small for God. 

Spend time today thinking and praying about the battles you are facing. Pour out your heart to our Lord. Ask him for help. He is listening. You can have the faith and confidence of a little child. You can overcome. God is ready to fight the giants in your life! Are you ready to fight with him?

FB_IMG_1622246095853.jpg