God is our strength!

BCXR28

You Can Admit It. You Are Tired.

- It's three a.m. Your baby is hungry. You are tired.
- It's eight a.m. Your child has been up sick all night. You are tired.
- It's eleven a.m. You have taken one child to preschool, another to a doctor's appointment, and you need to finish the meal you are taking over to a friend. You are tired.
- Not sure what time it is now, but your baby is ready to eat again. Tired.
- It's four p.m. Time to straighten the house and prepare dinner. Still tired.
- It's five p.m. Time to feed your baby again. So tired.
- It's seven p.m. Time to get the kids bathed and ready for bed. You are really tired.
- It's midnight. Your baby is hungry. You are beyond tired.

We try so hard to be superwoman, but too often we end up feeling like a withered flower. We tell our friends or our husband everything is okay, even though we can hardly think straight. We feel like something must be wrong with us because we cannot do it all. Let me encourage you today: nothing is wrong with you. You are perfectly normal. But you do need to reach out to others and admit you need some help. Here are a few suggestions to help you get through those tiresome days: 

- Ask your husband to take a feeding shift or bring in a pizza for dinner. Sometimes, husbands don't realize we need help. They too think we can "do it all" and need a little friendly reminder that, sometimes, we can't. 
- Allow one of your close friends to come over and watch the kids so you can take a nap, especially if you have a newborn. Remember, they have been there and would love to help. It would bless them more than you know.
- This is a hard one, ladies, but realize you do not have to have a perfect house, especially when you have a newborn. It is okay if the toys are not always picked up, the beds are unmade, or the dishes are still in the sink. An imperfect house does not make you a poor mom. Energy for your children and your husband is much more important. Trust me, your family will thank you for it.
- The most important suggestion I would like to give you is to reach out to the Lord when you need an extra burst of energy. He will get you through those tough times when you don't think you can go on. He knows better than anyone how you are feeling. 

I am so thankful for my friends and family who have helped me along the way, especially during my early days of motherhood. I appreciate them more than they will ever know. Dear sweet Mom, these tiresome days will not last forever. The stresses of having young children are only temporary. Praise the Lord! Tell the Lord today if you are struggling. Seek his strength and support. He desires to help you in your time of need. Don't get discouraged. Brighter days are ahead. You can do this. 

FB_IMG_1621209003787.jpg