Moms makes Mistakes, too!

BCXR28

Yes, Mommy Makes Mistakes Too

Moms, lets face it, we make mistakes. Let me share a few:

1. After telling your children to be careful with their drinks and keep them in the kitchen, you spill your drink all over the living room floor.
2. You want your child to get ready for school in a timely manner, but you cannot seem to get them to school on time, even if they dressed themselves just like you asked.
3. You raise your voice when you know you shouldn't.
4. You tell them you will do this or that "later." Later comes, but "this or that" doesn't.
5. You set a limit on how much TV they can watch, but you are tired because you stayed up too late watching your favorite shows.
6. You realize your son or daughter was telling the truth after you disciplined them.

Over the past several years, I have had to humble myself many times before my children. At first, I would wallow in my mistakes (which is what Satan wants us to do.) It is difficult to admit to anyone, especially your children, that Mommy makes mistakes too. Fortunately, I have come to realize, through my mistakes, that I have a great opportunity to teach my children how to admit their mistakes, the importance of repenting from their mistakes, to do their best to correct their mistakes, and to strive not to repeat it. Although I am not proud of my mistakes, I want my children to realize they are not alone in their struggles to do what is right. Mommy understands what they are going through. I want them to come to me and know that I will always love them.

Don't allow Satan to tell you that you are not a good mom or that you don't know what you are doing. Look to God for direction and guidance and forgiveness when you mess up. Ask him to help you turn these situations into "teachable moments" for your children. Just as you love your children when they make mistakes, God loves you as well. He will never leave you. He will always help you. He will always love you.

FB_IMG_1621035886413.jpg

• Love 1