Lived Amazed!

BCXR28

It’s easy to become so familiar with the promises of God that we don’t appreciate how amazing He truly is. I don’t think we really comprehend sometimes what it means to say that God lives in us. I remember a time years ago when I said to God, “Why don’t You do what You used to do when I first came into a relationship with You? It seemed like there was something exciting going on all the time.” And in my heart, the Lord said to me, “I’m still doing the same things…you’ve just gotten used to it.”

We need to be more amazed! Amazed that Jesus died for us (see John 3:16-17; Romans 5:8). Amazed that the Holy Spirit lives inside of us through our faith in Christ (see John 14:15-17). Amazed that Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us (see Hebrews 13:5). Amazed that we can go to God and tell Him our needs…amazed that God really cares about us, that He hears us, and He will answer us (see Hebrews 4:14-16). 

Amazed that God will use US! (see 1 Corinthians 1:27.)

The more we understand and are amazed that the Holy Spirit is with us and in us, the more determined we will be to take daring steps of faith and the less likely we’ll be to give up easily. We should know that with God, we can do whatever He asks us to do. So be determined to trust God and never give up. Expect Him to do a new thing in your life (see Isaiah 43:18-19). Say out loud: “God is doing a new thing in my life! I’m not going to sit around and feel sorry for myself and look back at the past and think about what I don’t have. If God can use anyone, then He can use ME!”

FB_IMG_1619389631722.jpg