Trivia / Game Operations Suggestion

navi

Good evening to all ka-BEN's here!

In view of the conduct of trivia and/or games on our ever-booming forum site, I noticed that plenty of the said activities are done to offer freemium accounts to our co-members here. There are several grounds or means of giving the mechanics for the activity to work out which includes question and answer, guessing and similar ways. 

For mathematical equations and others involving calculation, I would like to humbly suggest that the thread starter/s should show to the responders the actual answer and its calculation after the completion of the said event. 

This is to make the game/trivia be as transparent as possible. I believe members are numerous. Undeniably, some do not answer hastily and careless for they gave their time to calculate or think to answer the given problem at hand. However, if the TS is always responding that their answers are wrong but did not show or prove the actual calculation at the end of the event then the patronizing members of the game will be left hanging.

I believe that the key to being fair is about the transparency on how the game transpired. 

I am so thankful to the game thread starters here and this letter only announces my sincere perspective which i hope that the manager and/or admins of this forum might consider. 

Thank you so much!

-Navi

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, navi said:

how can we let them notice a post like this....???

Hello. I think in most of the math problems here, the answers and solutions are already posted at the end of the games. Either via comment or topic edit. Additionally, some problems are self explanatory after the answer is given, or that the solution itself becomes apparent to everyone when the answer is revealed. But everyone is entitled to ask about the solutions anytime.

We give freedom to the game hosters about how they will conduct their games. 

But we also strictly want the games to be fair and square. So we monitor them too. 

In anycase, when members/players find the games confusing, they could always ask the staff or the game hosters about their questions. Or ask them to explain it or give the solution. 

Reporting is also an option, if you ever find a situation that the game hoster doesnt respond to the players or answers their questions, just click the Flag icon and submit a report. All moderators are actively responding to reports submitted. 

But we hear you, and I'm suggesting this idea to everyone who would conduct games in the future. :)

Thank you! ?

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, Mae said:

Hello. I think in most of the math problems here, the answers and solutions are already posted at the end of the games. Either via comment or topic edit. Additionally, some problems are self explanatory after the answer is given, or that the solution itself becomes apparent to everyone when the answer is revealed. But everyone is entitled to ask about the solutions anytime.

We give freedom to the game hosters about how they will conduct their games. 

But we also strictly want the games to be fair and square. So we monitor them too. 

In anycase, when members/players find the games confusing, they could always ask the staff or the game hosters about their questions. Or ask them to explain it or give the solution. 

Reporting is also an option, if you ever find a situation that the game hoster doesnt respond to the players or answers their questions, just click the Flag icon and submit a report. All moderators are actively responding to reports submitted. 

But we hear you, and I'm suggesting this idea to everyone who would conduct games in the future. :)

Thank you! ?

Just now, Mae said:

I moved your topic to Board Suggestions so more members could notice this. ^_^

https://forums.benlotus.com/index.php?/forum/8-board-suggestion/

good evening maam @Mae

thank you for your response and your recent action on moving this topic to a better spotlight. I will be writing very soon. got to finish a thing. ;D

@Mae

I admire how this thread worked.. I noticed posts that were revealed and explained. I hope that the succeeding game/s will also do so as this promotes transparency which i am advocating.

peace to all. :D

more power - BENLOTUS FORUM!

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, navi said:

@Mae

I admire how this thread worked.. I noticed posts that were revealed and explained. I hope that the succeeding game/s will also do so as this promotes transparency which i am advocating.

peace to all. :D

more power - BENLOTUS FORUM!

Thanks! I'm hoping for that as well. ?

We're glad members enjoy hosting games and playing the forum games here. ^_^

On 7/3/2020 at 10:42 PM, sky said:

so many english nice point :D

12 hours ago, Regina said:

Whoah! Noted po. We can always ask for the solution or explanation from the game hosters. THANKS @navi :D

4 hours ago, Nearsteal said:

Agree. Dapat show solution para we learn from mistakes. Thnks!

4 hours ago, nezuko99 said:

Noted po

thank you everyone.. sana mag oobserve tayo. enjoy lang lahat sa pa-GAMES.. :D